Front Desk Associate
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Oxford, MA
Our dental office in Oxford is brand new and focuses on pediatric dentistry. Our dental offices are growing quickly and we are seeking an experienced Front Desk Associate to assist in the operations and management of the dental office. This can be an exciting opportunity for a dedicated front desk professional to join a great team of likeminded professionals that share a common goal of providing excellent patient care.
- Greet patients and register new patients by assisting patients to complete all necessary forms and documentation according to established office protocols.
- Verify and update patient information as well as inform patients of dental office procedures and policy.
- Maintain and manage patient records by entering all relevant patient information into data system in compliance with privacy and security regulations.
- Check daily appointment schedule, answer and manage incoming calls and respond to requests for information.
- Schedule patient appointments, confirm upcoming appointments and recalls.
- Maintain patient chart in Smart Docs, move patients through appointments as scheduled.
- Fill in cancellations and no-shows – Post in Insurance Web Portal (if applicable) and log lab work appropriately (Lab Log).
- Collect and receipt payments from patients at time of treatment and inform patients of financial treatment plan options and complete walk out procedures per doctor.
- Arrange supporting documents for insurance claims (Eligibility, History, and Other Coverage).
- Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing post (Invoices & Checks sent to HQs).
- Update patient education materials (Provided by Marketing and/or HQs) and maintain a professional reception area.
- Safeguard patient privacy and confidentiality (HIPPA).
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Have ability to work nights and weekends.
- Be team oriented, positive and motivated.
- Minimum 1 year experience preferred.