Tooth Fairy visited Thompson Early Learning Center & Mary R. Fisher Elementary School
The Tooth Fairy and her helpers visited Thompson Early Learning Center & Mary R. Fisher Elementary School to help promote good dental hygiene and care.
Tooth Fairy talked the children about the importance of healthy teeth and gums and how to effectively brush and floss their teeth. They demonstrated to the students proper tooth brushing and flossing techniques.
They discussed about:
- parts of the tooth
- what is floss and how to floss
- what is toothpaste, what amount to use
- how many times a day to brush the teeth and the minutes
- who is the Dentist and what their role is
- what to expect at the Dental Office
- instruments and dental equipment they might see in the Dental Office
They also read the book “My First Visit to the Dentist” and counted the teeth by letters and singing the alphabet song ending it in spelling TOOTH!
Students were given several great tips including:
- brush properly twice a day
- floss daily after brushing to get the food stuck between the teeth
- visit the dentist twice a year for a cleaning and exam
- choose healthy food and drinks to keep the teeth healthy
The students had a great time and were very excited!